Adventure Time!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure Time!

A forum for the guild AdventureTime running on Eden Eternal.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Owl Flynn
Admin
Owl Flynn

Female Posts : 136

WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out! Empty
PostSubject: WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out!   WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out! EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 9:44 pm

It's been kind of crazy lately on Eden Eternal! So far I've heard of two guild mates getting their accounts jacked by RMTs (the gold sellers), and either having their account compromised or losing all their gold! Sad This is very un-mathmatical.

Here are some tips to protect your account:

-Frequently change your password to something more difficult to guess. Include letters and numbers that no one could figure out.

-Use Firefox or at least Google Chrome to browse the internet. If you have Firefox you can get some really handy extensions which can block adverts and bad scripts. I recommend Ad-Blocker of course, and if you have the patience get "No-script" as well. No-script will greatly protect you from any harmful scripts because it will essentially block everything on page! You need to manually right click and move certain websites to the "safe list" so it will load properly (so it will take a bit of know-how to work it right).

Adblocker however is easy to use. I've never touched it and it works fine without any hassle.

-Never ever share your password with anyone. It is against the rules anyways, but obviously this can lead to your acct being compromised. Don't fall for any phishing scams. Remember if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

-Do not download any computer programs without doing your background research first! I'm mostly talking about anything "fishy," such as free botting programs or programs that say they can instantly give you more money. They can hide trojans, keyloggers, or worse. I also talk about common "games" or other exe files that might hide some nasty spyware too. It's just good to be cautious.

-And perhaps most importantly, NEVER EVER BUY GOLD!!! Not only does it screw over the economy, but your buying gold that was stolen from other people! ):<

-------------------------

I suspect the biggest way RMT's are stealing money is via keylogging. I've seen the same exact thing happen on FFXI after the massive RMT bans. So be very careful on the internet, especially on MMO related websites. They hide these trojans in bad scripts which are meant to load up as an advertisement. It's why I always recommend to at least get Ad-blocker now.
Back to top Go down
http://owlinmypocket.tumblr.com
Esaal
Guild Hero
Guild Hero
Esaal

Male Posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out!   WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Thanks for the warning/tips!
I will proceed to changing my password right now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://soulstone-source.coastalcitydesign.com
Owl Flynn
Admin
Owl Flynn

PostSubject: Re: WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out!   WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:05 pm

YEah its good to be safe! D: I've seen so many people get hacked on MMOs.
Back to top Go down
Apostle In Triumph

Apostle In Triumph

Male Posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out!   WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out! EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:28 pm

I WOULD KNOW! I'M ONE OF THE VICTIMS! Suspect

llama
llama
llama
llama
llama
llama
llama
llama
llama
llama llama
llama
llama
llama
llama
Back to top Go down
Owl Flynn
Admin
Owl Flynn

PostSubject: Re: WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out!   WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out! EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:54 pm

LOL. Yes you were one of them... >.>;

O,o Peanut butter jelly time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out!   WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out! Empty

Back to top Go down

WARNING everyone! Please take the time to check this out!
Page 1 of 1